The design of the RGS Vertex360™ combines the accuracy of the static gamma design and the rotation of the accelerator-based stereotactic radiosurgery system. The primary enhancement is the rotation of the cobalt-60 gamma-ray beams during treatments that yields significant advantages.
- Full 360 degree rotating sources targets tumors considered untreatable with other technologies
- Internal collimators eliminate the need for cumbersome external helmet changes
- Unique source blocking design minimizes treatment dose to healthy, surrounding tissue
- Advanced Explorer4D™ treatment planning system streamlines setup and procedures
- Fewer cobalt sources mean more affordable radioactive source reloads